Welcome to the web pages of AUTNES!
AUTNES 2013 Data available
Dear colleagues and everyone,
who is interested in the Austrian National Elections,
We would like to announce that we have provided the data collected by the Austrian National Election Study (AUTNES) on the GESIS homepage. They are now available for download.
Find more information in our News Section
Best wishes from Vienna,
Wolfgang C. Müller, Sylvia Kritzinger and Klaus Schönbach
The second funding period (2013-2015) of the Austrian National Election Study (AUTNES) started in January 2013. AUTNES is a National Research Network engaged in the comprehensive social science analysis of Austrian national elections. The network is financed by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) (S10903-G11).
AUTNES has the following tasks:
- to establish and institutionalize a national electoral study
- to provide a fully integrated study of the 'demand side' (voters) and the 'supply side’ (political parties and candidates) of electoral competition, as well as of the media coverage of the campaign ('media side')
- to make a contribution towards a better understanding of how Austrian democracy works
- to provide high-quality data for the public and the scientific community
- to secure and expand cooperation with the international community of electoral researchers
- to promote and support young scientists and consolidate Austrian academic electoral research.
On the following pages you will find more detailed information on the study components, the project team, as well as publications and conference contributions. Moreover you will find a data download section, where you can download AUTNES data and documentation.
For further information on the first funding period (2009-2012) of AUTNES, follow this link.